Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Legal and Compliance Division assists Morgan Stanley in achieving its business objectives in a manner consistent with the Firm's core values and Global Risk Management Principles, by facilitating and overseeing the Firm's management of legal, regulatory and franchise risk.
As an administrative assistant, you'll be expected to provide administrative support to senior members of the division and perform the following duties:
- Act as first point of contact for inbound and outbound phone calls for managers, applying discretion and judgement when dealing with sensitive information
- Understand the important clients/colleagues of each manager, take accurate messages and stay informed of manger's whereabouts
- Interface with various departments to collect information, respond to requests and obtain services on behalf of managers
- Maintain managers calendars via Outlook which includes scheduling meetings/ conference calls, addressing meeting conflicts and assisting with hosting video conferences
- Plan and organize internal events including event registrations, conference room reservations, multimedia support, and catering requests
- Arrange all aspects of domestic and international travel which includes booking flights, providing travel itinerary, arranging hotels and car service, assisting with international travel requirements (ie, visas, entry letters)
- Prepare and submit expense reports on a timely basis for travel or business-related expenses, follow up on discrepancies and missing receipts to keep balances current.
- Create, edit and format documents using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Pro
- Collaborate and gather documents for upload onto internal and regulatory systems or for printing and binding, if necessary
- Manage team's shared sites such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and other collaborative sites.
- Support your dedicated team by assisting with the onboarding/offboarding of contingent workers and employees, creating and maintaining mail groups, ordering office supplies, receiving guests/visitor and handling all incoming/outgoing mail and packages.
- Process invoices and create funding requests using internal platforms
- Assist on adhoc projects and provide backup coverage for other administrative assistants, as needed
Role will require in office attendance at least 4 days/week
- Experience supporting multiple senior professionals including heavy calendars management and phone coverage
- Must be flexible covering different managers' as group grows or changes
- Experience working in the financial services industry (5-10 years)
- College Degree Preferred (or 5+ years of relative corporate experience preferred)
- Excellent communication, writing, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail as well as solid organization/time management skills
- Must be an enthusiastic and positive team player who is willing to help out and work well with others
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite especially PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook for email, calendar and contacts
- Knowledge of O365 and Microsoft Teams a plus
- Ability to be proactive and keep current with office procedures and technical training as well as all policy guidelines and compliance requirements
- Experience and knowledge of CSTO, Concur, SharePoint, Fieldglass and Ariba a plus
- Solid typing skills (60+ wpm)
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment