Join us on our exciting journey shaping the future of drug development!
Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research to improve drug development success rates, crucial for human welfare. Focused on using innovative applications of statistical science and adaptive clinical trial design, Cytel is at the cutting edge of technology and human ingenuity, driving healthcare forward.
We are seeking an individual with strategic Sales/BD experience who is used to working at a VP/C-level globally to join our high growth, fast paced and dynamic sales team.
You are responsible for growing and managing strategic relationships in your assigned large pharma customers, evangelising the Cytel vision and implementing account strategy.
You will work closely with assigned customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will consult at all levels to develop solutions that will help them reach their business goals.
What we are looking for
- Experience building and growing strategic partnerships in large and complex organisation
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles, from opportunity identification to deal closure, collaborating with varied levels and functions at our clients from business champions up to the C Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of strategic account management
- Proven experience of selling consultative services, ideally within the Healthcare and Life Science’s industry
- Successful history of net new business sales, with the ability to drive consistent delivery against revenue targets
- Strong customer references and existing network within the pharma industry.
- University Degree
- MBA is a plus
Some Of Your Main Responsibilities And Deliverables Will Include
- Develop, monitor and adapt sales plan for each strategic account, which will be part of the overall strategic account plan
- Support other activities related to the implementation of the strategic account plan such as participating in account reviews and developing strategy to maximize profitability across the portfolio
- Nurture and develop key strategic relationships within the accounts and be the lead for all customer outsourcing relationships
- Identify decision makers, influencers, stakeholders and creates as many touchpoints between client and Cytel as possible
- Actively prospect for new business in assigned accounts, focusing on strategic, value-based long-term opportunities
- Maintain extensive knowledge of products & services as well as competitors’ strengths & weaknesses to continuously identify business opportunities for Cytel
- Maximise growth of Strategic Accounts by planning and executing customer specific marketing campaigns and formalising a go to market strategy.
- Manage the end to end internal sales process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Subject Matter Experts, Consultants, Executive Leadership, Marketing, etc.
- Own the proposal process throughout to ensure RFP responses are of the highest quality and follow-up consistently and in a timely manner with the customer
- Orchestrate the bid defense process internally and with the customer. Educate participants on customer culture, background and needs. Take responsibility for quality and production of client presentation and overall bid pursuit.
- Provide reliable new business forecasts and pipeline updates to the functional and commercial leadership
- Exceed quarterly sales targets
What’s in it for you
- You will be part of an exciting new chapter in Cytel’s history with opportunities to become a major contributor of the Strategic Partnership team
- You will have the opportunity to play an integral role helping our clients and the industry shape the future of drug development
- You will work in an environment designed for an entrepreneurial minded person with a lot of energy, ideas and determination to succeed
- You will work with passionate and bright people who will help you achieve the high growth expected from Strategic Accounts
At Cytel, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.