Wood is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst in Houston, Texas. This is a contract position working within a Wood Client office. The Expatriate Tax Analyst reports directly to the Expatriate Tax Services Team Lead in Finance Shared Services (FSS)Payroll group. FSS Payroll provides payroll services to approximately 25,000 U.S. dollar paid employees, including expatriates to and from the United States. The Expatriate Tax Services Team supports the Client's Global businesses through the delivery of efficient, reliable mobility services including effective tax planning and compliance, financial reporting and equitable application of policies for the Client's mobile workforce and their families.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
This role is primarily responsible for the following: This position will apply solid accounting and finance knowledge, strong analytical, teamwork and communication skills, to assist in the delivery of efficient, cost effective and compliant expatriate tax services.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Support the delivery of expatriate tax services, payroll reporting, funding services in collaboration with Finance and HR teams.
Support the implementation of changes to expatriate tax policy and procedures.
Provide expatriate tax advice and tax equalization policy interpretation to internal contacts and expatriates.
Resolve questions on compensation from tax vendor.
Participate in Finance and HR projects, including the deployment of new technology systems (e.g. SAP, Workday and/or Global Mobility Technology tool).
Support the day-to-day relationships with vendors, KPMG and IAS, including, but not limited to, policy application,process improvements, and employee escalations.
Skills / Qualifications
8-10 years of experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Expatriate Tax Technical Skills - At least 8+ years of experience in expatriate tax, either in public accounting or industry positions.
Analytical Skills- Ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis that illustrates key cause and
effect, business and value drivers.
- Ability to utilize systems and data to investigate imbalances, identify root cause and propose resolutions.
- Demonstrated abilities manipulating data with Excel, PowerBI or other tools.
- Strong attention to detail is imperative.
Communication - Effectively expresses thoughts and ideas verbally and in written communications.
- Ability to present detailed or complex information in a clear and concise manner, with a variety of audiences including management and Client's business partners in a manner that is easily understood.
Leadership / Teamwork - Ability to influence and motivate others and work collaboratively with other functional groups.
- Works cooperatively in a team environment in implementing business objectives and in building commitment to achieve results.
- Ability to develop and apply innovative solutions to improve processes and systems.
- Ability to monitor progress and take corrective action if needed to ensure successful and timely delivery of objectives.
Interpersonal / Initiatives - High degree of initiative demonstrated in past roles.
- Ability to stay focused and flexible in fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated persistence in driving progress on department initiatives.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.