GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION Primarily responsible for assisting commercial lenders. Verify, compile, and complete loan application. In addition, this position will prepare new loan requests to submit to loan processing, review the loan file to verify that data is complete and meets established standards. Process documentation of loans and extensions. Close loans and prepare for booking. Compute payment and interest. Handle telephone inquiries promptly and professionally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review completed LOM for accuracy. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
2. Order supporting documentation. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Submit LOM to loan ops. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Perform pre-funding review. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
5. Close loan if needed / Fund Loan. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. Prepare loan package for shipping and booking. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
7. Pull maturity and past due reports. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Inform officer of required documentation for loan renewals. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Prepare basic Loan Offering Memorandum. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Assist in clearing collateral / credit exceptions. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
11. Process draw requests / loan payments / transfers. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
12. Handle loan research issues / questions. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
13. Forward documents to loan ops for scanning. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
14. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these mathematical skills using money and other forms of measurement.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not indicated.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Notary Public
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED Intermediate: Word Processing/Typing Basic: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management, Database, Spreadsheet
WORKING CONDITIONS Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; and ability to adjust focus.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -Previous loan or loan documentation experience -Good understanding of financial institution products and services -Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities -Excellent proof-reading skills and attention to detail -Strong team player -Basic computer proficiency
Education : High School