About MLM Medical Labs
MLM Medical Labs is a leading specialty and central laboratory with comprehensive research services and diagnostic capabilities in Europe and North America. Offering standard and fully customizable analytical and logistics services across a variety of therapeutic areas, we add value at every stage of the drug development process, from nonclinical and preclinical through phase IV clinical trials.
The international team of over 150 highly skilled and experienced persons supports over 300 clinical trials, phase I–IV, at any given time. With our labs located in and Minneapolis MN, Memphis TN, USA and Mönchengladbach, Germany we work on transcontinental projects, hand in hand with our colleagues worldwide.
We are looking for a Clinical Pathologist to support our Oakdale, Minnesota, branch. This position will provide scientific oversight of clinical and/or preclinical studies involving histology as well as interpretation, analysis, documentation, and reporting results.
- Record and interpret microscopic findings in tissues for clinical studies following and GCLP/CLIA; interpret clinical pathology data; describe findings of histochemical, immunohistochemical, or other molecular tests in experimental samples; perform detailed measurements and cell counts; and integrate microscopic findings with image analysis data.
- Author comprehensive technical reports within the required timelines.
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s) in accordance with GCLP/CLIA standards for regulated studies.
- Collaborate and/or consult with clients, consultants, study directors, study toxicologists, and regulatory officials to ensure study integrity. This may include reviewing protocols, experimental designs, or external data/reports for consultation based on scientific and pathologic expertise.
- Serve as a resource for colleagues and collaborate with internal technicians to provide pathology expertise and assess quality of tissue sections, and histochemical or immunohistochemical stains.
- Support the image analysis team by assisting in the creation and validation of image analysis algorithms via image annotation, providing appropriate oversight of data generation and regions to be analyzed, and drafting or reviewing image analysis reports .
- Board Certified in Pathology (AP/CP)
- Active medical license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with Immunology, Inflammation, Oncology and/or Fibrosis disease assessment and related scoring.
- Specific experience with Masson’s Trichrome, H&E, and IHC staining in skin, lung, colon, and liver tissues.
- Varied scoring systems for inflammation, fibrosis, and staining abundance/intensity (percent positive, H-scoring).
- Experience with digital pathology.
- Experience with image analysis software (Visiopharm or other).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Medical License (Required)
Work Location: Remote