This position will travel between our Scottsburg & Salem, IN facilities
Potential for four day work week!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., but they are also our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 100+ American Senior Communities is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by providing them care and compassion.
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees.
- As Registered Dietitian you will collaborate with the Culinary Manager to ensure nourishing, palatable, well-balanced diets are provided to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs of each resident.
- Provide positive leadership and discussion of residents with the interdisciplinary team members to determine appropriate nutritional interventions for the residents and assist with follow through.
- You will be responsible for providing clinical documentation in the form of nutrition assessments, routine quarterly progress notes, significant change assessments and routine follow up notes for all residents.
- Responsible for accurate and timely MDS dietary completion, development of nutrition related care plans for residents and revision of care plans as resident condition changes.
Our commitment to our team for full-time employees:
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 annually for continuing education.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available – Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Paid ServSafe Certification
- Free Continuing Education hours offered throughout the year
- Support from a team of experienced Registered Dietitians
- Employees can access telehealth services
- RecogNation platform – recognizes employees who embody our Culture of Care by doing the right time, the right way for the right reason.
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources available for employees and household family members of employees
- Pathogen Reducing Air purification devices in corridors and common areas to help combat COVID-19
- Employee Referral Program – get paid to refer a friend to join our team
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or Food Science.
- Registered by Commission on Dietetic Registration and Certified in the state of Indiana.
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members, residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19 vaccination(s) for all employees and new hires. In accordance with our mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality care and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all employees is essential for our customer’s safety and health. New hires, including rehires, will need to show evidence of full vaccination on or before start or receive their first dose or one dose vaccine prior to start date.
As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request for their exemption through the process outlined in the electronic onboarding paperwork. Should you have any questions regarding this, please speak with your recruiting contact directly.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Food & Nutrition Services