The goal of J.P. Morgan AI Research is to explore and advance cutting-edge research in AI, including ML as well as related fields like Cryptography, to develop and discover principles of impact to J.P. Morgan's clients and businesses.
J.P. Morgan AI Research has assembled a team of experts in many fields of AI. They pursue primary research in areas related to our research pillars as well as concrete problems related to financial services. They partner with internal teams to accelerate the adoption of AI within the firm. They also work with leading academic faculty around the world on areas of mutual interest.
Conducting AI research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact -- as a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within J.P. Morgan but also to the broader AI community.
You will engage with multiple new and ongoing research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers.
You will participate in the research lifecycle beginning with problem discovery, gathering data, designing solutions and with a focus on building prototype applications and migrating them to robust production. Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and/or publications in AI/ML conferences and journals.
As a member of the AI research community, you will also have the opportunity to participate in relevant top-tier academic conferences to broaden the impact of your contributions.
- Research publications in prominent AI/ML venues; e.g., conferences, journals
- Expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), reinforcement learning (RL), planning, information representation and retrieval, graphs, multiagent systems (MAS), computational game theory, natural language processing (NLP)
- Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
- Practical software engineering experience in collaborative project settings
- Experience with concepts in computer architecture and Linux system programming
- Experience with Cloud Development (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
- Extensive programming skills in Python, Java or C++
- Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
- Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
- Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
- Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans