America Chung Nam is one of the world’s largest exporters of recovered paper in the US and a leading exporter in Europe and Asia. We have been consistently recognized as the top American exporter to China since 2001. America Chung Nam was founded in 1990 and is based in City of Industry, California with additional offices in New Jersey, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, and China.
The Corporate Business Paralegal will work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Finance Teams to review and manage the company’s routine contracting with vendors, service providers, consultants, and collaborators both domestics and overseas. Primary responsibilities will include: ownership of the contract database; managing renewals of expiring agreements; drafting new sales, purchasing and service agreements, reviewing and editing agreements and legal documents provided by venders, service providers, suppliers, consultants; processing of standard confidentiality, consulting, service, transfer agreements; preparation and maintenance of the company’s legal records.
· Prepare sales, purchase, service and other contract forms for organization
· Review organization protocols and policies to ensure compliance
· Draft organization confidential and non-disclosure agreements,
· Support Management Team in negotiation and management of contracts, draft legal correspondences.
· Conduct due diligence investigation and fact researches
· Prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple simultaneous contracts and projects.
· Participate in negotiation of contract terms, conditions and pricing and follow up to ensure execution according to the negotiated terms
· Tracking contracts and generate reports on the status of existing agreements
· Create standardized language for new contracts
· Analyze and report on specific risks associated with contracts
· Maintain contact/legal records filing, manage renewals of expiring agreements, and other legal records
· Able to manage and report information across a variety of matters and communicate effectively in writing and verbally at all levels of the company
· Communicate and follow up with external legal professional on specific company needs, negotiate rates and
· Assist in ad-hoc assignments
· Bachelor Degree in Paralegal Studies and State of California Bar required
· 10+ years of experience working as a paralegal/contract administrator experience
· Ample knowledge of corporate, business laws, and basic knowledge of labor laws
· Able to handle multiple tasks and work independently, able to meet deadline in a fast-paced working environment
· Experience working with and managing contracts
· Excellent communication and organization abilities, ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
· Strong research and report-generating skills
· Knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements involved in specific contracts
· Attention to detail and ability to notice errors
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with private companies
· Paralegal certification is a plus
· Mandarin Chinese preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.