Welder - Woodbine, MD
Denali water solutions is looking for a welder to design, weld and fabricate a wide variety of projects and to diagnose and repair mechanical issues and perform routine maintenance on heavy equipment. The candidate should be able to come up with cost effective solutions and be willing to work in a team environment to achieve the specific needs of the organization. The position involves about 80% outside work in the field in all weather, and 20% working inside the shop. Denali water solution's offers competitive salary and full benefits.
Welder, fabricator, heavy equipment mechanic
- Repairs, modifies, designs, layout and fabricates a large variety of metal work including working on construction vehicles and related heavy equipment such as tub grinders, screeners, conveyors, front end loaders, excavators and a large variety of other large industrial equipment used to process soil and mulch.
- Cut’s, fits, and welds metal using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Utilizes a variety of machines such as saws, torches, plasma cutter, grinders and drills to complete work safely and effectively
- Performs skilled welding on a variety of metals including but not limited to heavy gauged steel and aluminum.
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects on gas- and diesel-powered engines on trucks and heavy equipment.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 5-year's welding, fabrication, and heavy equipment repair experience.
- Well organized and able to keep work areas clean.
- Must be able to follow direction and use industry standard safety precautions when working on equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Valid driver's license.
- Must possess a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to perform tasks in an efficient manor to meet deadlines outlined by management.
- Able to think outside the box.
- Qualified candidates are subject to a welding skills test.
Pay: Hourly, to be determined Benefits:
We offer an extensive and competitive benefit plan for all our full-time employees as we value their time and commitment. Our benefits include:
- Free Medical for employee
- Generous 401k match up to 4%
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid AD&D.
- Company paid Life.
- Voluntary life for employee and family
- Health Savings plan
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Paid weekly
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Experience Required
Licenses & Certifications Required Preferred
- 2 year(s): Welder / Fabricator / Mechanic
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description